Celebrate National Frozen Food Day on March 6th, 2021
Hey! do you want to know something cool. There is actually a National Day for Frozen Foods. Wait…. what? Yes, you heard it right. Every year, March 6th is celebrated as the National Frozen Food Day (mostly) in the United States. It’s a day that encourages us to become familiar and learn about the history of frozen food and sometimes enjoy healthy and tasty foods that are frozen. Apart from that, it also tells us about the benefits of frozen foods and how they helped our daily life and busy schedules.
Sweetie2020 wishes all the people who loves frozen foods a very delicious National Frozen Food Day.
Fun Fact: this unusual and fun National day was proclaimed by the former President of the United States – Ronald Reagan. He called upon the people to celebrate this day with appropriate activities and ceremonies on March 6th (1984).
Frozen foods have been around, but the earlier process of freezing foods was slower which ultimately caused the formation of large ice crystals which degraded the flavor, texture, and quality of the food. But thanks to Clarence Frank Birdseye II, a biologist who discovered a quick-freezing process called “Flash Freezing” in 1924. This process made it possible for food to be frozen rapidly preventing ice crystal formation. Not just that, this process took the taste of the frozen food to next level.
So, if you love frozen foods, then you must celebrate the National Frozen Food Day. Go for grocery shopping and pick some frozen foods to enjoy. You will mostly find frozen meat, pizzas, vegetables and fruits in the freezer section of any supermarket you visit.
5 Best Frozen Food Ideas to Celebrate National Frozen Food Day:
- Start your breakfast with some frozen eggs and (biscuit) sandwiches.
- Your lunch can be frozen garlic bread with some frozen Mac and Cheese.
- And you can plan your dinner with a pleasant frozen lasagna and maybe a frozen cake as a dessert with toppings of frozen strawberries. In case you don’t like frozen cakes, then check out some of the best cakes available in the Sweetie2020 app.
- For snacks, you can try frozen pizzas and put your own spin on them. Like, add frozen cheese, sausage, or any meat product you like before heating the pizzas.
- And at last, you can also try some frozen fruits like bananas, berries, and grapes.
You can share photos of frozen desserts which you had with the hashtag #nationalfrozenfoodday on the Sweetie2020 app and win exciting vouchers. You can use them to get discount on sweets & cakes from various brands.
So, what do you think about the National Frozen Food Day, let us know below in the comment’s section.