Easy Recipe for Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
In this post, we will learn about an easy recipe for making Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding. This chocolate bread and butter pudding makes use of any leftover bread.
Recipe Source : Delicious.com
Serves : 6
Ingredients : 13
Difficulty : Easy
- 550g thick-sliced white bread, crusts removed
- Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa, sifted, plus extra to serve
- 140g dark (70%) chocolate buttons
- 300ml pure (thin) cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 300ml milk
- ¼ cup (30g) chopped pecans
- 30g sultanas
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 25cm (1.25L capacity) round baking dish and line the base and side with baking paper (the lining here is optional).
- Spread both sides of the bread with butter and cut each slice in half widthwise. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until combined, then stir in cocoa and half of the chocolate.
- Place the cream, vanilla, and orange zest in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring just to a simmer. While stirring gently with a whisk, pour the hot cream mixture over the egg mixture and stir continuously until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the milk to cool the mixture, strain through a fine sieve and set aside.
- Arrange bread upright in a prepared pan, sprinkling pecans, sultanas and remaining chocolate between each piece. Pour chocolate cream mixture over, making sure all bread is coated. Set aside for 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up the mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes until edges are set but the centre has a wobble. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Dust with cocoa and serve with ice cream.
So, what are you waiting for go ahead and start making Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding with the help of this recipe.